Saroj Khan, who was admitted to Mumbai’s Guru Nanak Dev Hospital on June 20 after she complained of breathing issues, passed away today morning. She died of a cardiac arrest in the ICU. Her last rites will be performed at Malvani in Mumbai today.
Here are five components of the story:
- Three-time National Award winner, Saroj Khan, had choreographed some of the most memorable tracks starring Bollywood stars like Madhuri Dixit, Late. Sridevi, Kareena Kapoor, and many more.
- Having been a part of the industry for over four decades, she had choreographed more than 2000 songs.
- Her maiden name was Nirmala Nagpal. She married film choreographer B Sohanlal in 1962 at the age of 13 while he was 41, already married and a father of four. She had her first child with Sohanlal at the age of 14.
- Her last choreographed song remins ‘Tabaah Hogaye’ from Karan Johar’s ‘Kalank’ in 2019.
- She is survived by three children- Hamid Khan, Hina Khan and Sukanya Khan.