News: Lawyers in Mumbai have sent a legal notice to News Broadcasters Association to initiate an inquiry against Amish Devgan anchor and managing director of News 18 India. The legal notice demanding a temporary suspension of all activities of News 18 comes when the anchor used offensive remarks against Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti.
Here are five components of the story:
- On the show known as Aar Paar, News 18 anchor Amish Devgan called Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddinn Chisti as akranta Chisti and Lootera Chisti.
- According to the legal notice sentiments of people hailing from diverse backgrounds, who go to the Gareeb Nawaz’s shrine were hurt.
- It stated, “Mr. Amish Devgan has intentionally used such insulting and derogatory words and tries to create hatred between two communities and also deliberately and maliciously outraged religious feelings of the followers of Hazrat Khwaja Gareeb Nawaz.”
- Stressing the communal character of Devgan’s words, the lawyers at Mumbai urged News Broadcasters Association to ban News 18. The anchor, “tried to diminish his image as everybody knows that Hazrat Khwaja Gareeb Nawaz is a popular Sufi saint and has followers across the world from different communities.”
- Numerous complaints were filed against the anchor across the country by the devotees and followers of the Sufi saint. “The remarks made by Amish Devgan attracts Section 75, 295A, 153A, 505, 34 of the Indian Penal Code,” added the notice.