News: in light of “Aatmanirbhar Bharat”, Home Minister Amit Shah announced that the canteens of the Central Armed Police Forces will now sell only domestically produced goods.
Here are five components of the story
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi appealed for the goal of “self-dependent” or Aatmanirbhar Bharat in his address to the nation on May 12, 2020.
- In light of this announcement, Amit Shah tweeted that from June 1, CAPDF Canteens will stock and sell domestically produced goods only.
- Through this, he claimed, the 10 Lakh officers serving in the CAPF and their 50 Lakh dependents will all buy and use locally and domestically produced goods.
- All people of the nation are also urged to switch to Indian commodities as far as possible, so as to further strengthen the cause of self-reliance.
- Shah reiterated that if every citizen were to avoid imports and switch over entirely to domestically produced goods, our economy will become fully self-reliant within five years.