News: There has been firing near the India-Nepal border in Sitamarhi. One person was reported dead an two injured, according to a report by ANI.
Here are five components of the story:
- It is, in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, unclear as to what the motivation of the shooting is, whether it is related to a strain in the ties between India and Nepal over a border issue in Uttarakhand.
- The report has been confirmed by Sashastra Seema Bal IG of Bihar Sector. Locals allege the Nepal side is firing from across the border, reports ANI.
- According to a PTI report from Kathmandu, a “house meeting” of the Nepalese parliament has been scheduled for Saturday with the matter relating to the amended map likely to come up for discussion during the meeting.
- Nepal’s Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli has said that his government will seek a solution to the Kalapani issue through diplomatic efforts and dialogue on the basis of historical facts and documents.
- “We will get back the land occupied by India through holding a dialogue,” Oli said in Parliament on Wednesday, according to PTI.
This is a breaking story. More details awaited.