In series of arrests of Sikh youths, allegedly for their involvement in the ‘Khalistan movement’ Special Cell of Delhi Police has booked 21-year-old Luvpreet Singh under UAPA for being a sympathizer of Khalistan along with two others.
Here are five components of the story:
- Charges against Luvpreet Singh comes in the backdrop of many Sikh youths being rounded up and charged under UAPA for being alleged sympathizers of the Khalistan movement.
- 21-Year-old Luvleet Singh was also actively involved in anti-CAA protests at Shaheen Bagh and ran langar there.
- Luvleet’s lawyer Paramjit Singh confirmed to Karvaan India that he has been booked under UAPA and several other sections of Arms Act. However, he is not the only one to be booked; two other Sikh youths have been booked along with him. “ Prima Facia, these cases look cooked up, but I will be able to comment more after the charge sheet is filed,” Paramjit said.
- Luvleet belongs to Kaithal in Haryana and is skilled in some craftwork.
- Meanwhile, a group of prominent Sikhs from Punjab have addressed a letter the Chief Minister Amrinder Singh asking him to end this witch hunt and reprisal against Sikh youths at the earliest.
We would be honored if you would consider joining us in our mission to strengthen the power of people-centric journalism. Your donation to our news magazine will help us continue to deliver high-quality journalism that informs, inspires, and empowers people, invest in our talented team of journalists and editors, expand our coverage, and keep our focus on people at the heart of every story. Let’s create a more compassionate, connected, and just world together. Donate now to make a real difference.