BJP leader and Member of Parliament from Pratapgarh Meneka Gandhi has reshot to the limelight this time for making a fake claim and fanning hatred against a Muslim dominated region in Kerala. Meneka Gandhi had accused Muslim dominated Malappuram district of being cruel to animals. Meneka was referring to the death of a pregnant elephant due to explosives.
Here are five components of the story
- A pregnant elephant died in Palakkad district of Kerala yesterday after eating a pineapple filled with explosives.
- Reacting to the death, Meneka Gandhi said “Mallapuram is known for its intense criminal activity, especially with regards to animals. No action has ever been taken against a single poacher or wildlife killer, so they keep doing it.”
- However, she was soon reminded by Twitteratis that the incident didn’t take place in Mallapuram but Pallakad district. It is pertinent to mention that Mallapuram is a Muslim majority district of Kerala.
- Meneka Gandhi also called out Rahul Gandhi for inaction and accused him of being indifferent while being a Member of Parliament from the same region.
- According to forest officials, the elephant had left the forests of the Silent Valley in Palakkad district and wandered into the nearby village in search of food where she found the pineapple. The explosion left her in searing pain as she was unable to eat or walk properly because of her injuries. The elephant eventually died standing in a river.