News: in light of “Aatmanirbhar Bharat”, Home Minister Amit Shah announced that the canteens of the Central Armed Police Forces will now sell only domestically produced goods.
Here are five components of the story
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi appealed for the goal of “self-dependent” or Aatmanirbhar Bharat in his address to the nation on May 12, 2020.
- In light of this announcement, Amit Shah tweeted that from June 1, CAPDF Canteens will stock and sell domestically produced goods only.
- Through this, he claimed, the 10 Lakh officers serving in the CAPF and their 50 Lakh dependents will all buy and use locally and domestically produced goods.
- All people of the nation are also urged to switch to Indian commodities as far as possible, so as to further strengthen the cause of self-reliance.
- Shah reiterated that if every citizen were to avoid imports and switch over entirely to domestically produced goods, our economy will become fully self-reliant within five years.
We would be honored if you would consider joining us in our mission to strengthen the power of people-centric journalism. Your donation to our news magazine will help us continue to deliver high-quality journalism that informs, inspires, and empowers people, invest in our talented team of journalists and editors, expand our coverage, and keep our focus on people at the heart of every story. Let’s create a more compassionate, connected, and just world together. Donate now to make a real difference.