As Hyderabad witnessed a second bout of heavy rainfall on Saturday evening barely days after torrential rainfall devastated the capital city of Telangana earlier this week, it led to traffic snarls and water-logging in several areas of Hyderabad city.
Here are five components of the story:
- Two more people have died in rain-related incidents in Hyderabad on Sunday.
- Many residential areas like Hafiz Baba Nagar, Omer Colony Nabeel Colony and other adjoining areas have been inundated.
- Hyderabad Commissioner of Police Anjani Kumar said that evacuation is being carried out in low-lying areas. “Inundation of low-lying colonies Hafiz baba nagar, Phoolbagh, Omar Colony, Indra Nagar, Shivaji Nagar, Rajiv Nagar. Please cooperate with Police in evacuation exercise,” Commissioner Kumar added.
- Singapur Township in Telangana’s Medchal Malkajgiri district received 157.3 mm of rainfall on Saturday. Bandlaguda near Uppal in Hyderabad city followed with 153 mm of rain.
- Parts of 500-year-old Golconda fort have also been damaged by the incessant rainfall.
Independent Press is under threat
We believe that if we owe an explanation to anyone, it’s our readers. We make the powerful accountable to this democracy and remain answerable to only our readers. This becomes possible only with a little contribution from you. Consider making a small donation today and help us remain a free, fair and vibrant democracy watchdog.