A gangrape victim and her mother were killed by one of the accused in Uttar Pradesh’s Kasganj district. The accused, identified as Yashveer, ran over them with a tractor.
Here are five components of the story:
- The accident took place on Wednesday in Amapur area of Kasganj. The rape victim and her mother were returning home from a market when they were crushed under a tractor.
- According to a report, the Kasganj Superintendent of Police said the murder was the fallout of a feud between the victim’s family and the accused’s family.
- A few years ago, the rape victim’s father and uncle were arrested in connection with the murder of Yashveer’s father, Mahaveer Rajput over a financial dispute. During the time the victim’s father was in jail, the victim and her mother filed a rape complaint against Mahaveer Rajput’s son Yashveer. He was arrested and was out on a bail when he crushed both the women and fled the spot, leaving the tractor behind.
- The villagers, upset with the act, protested on the road where both the bodies were placed, demanding an immediate arrest of the accused. The bodies were later sent for post mortem.
- The accused was arrested the next day of the incident and a murder case was registered against him.
Independent Press is under threat
We believe that if we owe an explanation to anyone, it’s our readers. We make the powerful accountable to this democracy and remain answerable to only our readers. This becomes possible only with a little contribution from you. Consider making a small donation today and help us remain a free, fair and vibrant democracy watchdog.