The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) gives outstanding status to Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) on the basis of performance evaluation.
Here are five components of the story:
- JMI secured 95.23% score in an overall assessment for the year 2019-20, indicating that the administration and faculty members are highly focussed on achieving the target and have the potential to deliver.
- Performance was evaluated by MHRD on parameters such as student diversity and equity, faculty quality and strength, academic outcomes, research performance, outreach, governance, finance, national and international rankings, and accreditation and co and extracurricular activities.
- Prof. Najma Akhtar, Vice Chancellor, JMI said that the achievement is all the more significant because of the challenging time the university has gone through in the recent past.
- The Vice Chancellor attributed the achievement to high-quality teaching, relevant and focused research of the highest quality & improved perception of the university, and hoped to improve the performance in the coming years.
- With an objective to measure the performance of the Central Universities (CUs) on selected key parameters against the targets set so as to improve the performance on the critical parameters of the organisation, all the CUs are required to sign a tripartite MoU with MHRD and UGC. JMI was the first to sign this MoU in 2017.
Independent Press is under threat
We believe that if we owe an explanation to anyone, it’s our readers. We make the powerful accountable to this democracy and remain answerable to only our readers. This becomes possible only with a little contribution from you. Consider making a small donation today and help us remain a free, fair and vibrant democracy watchdog.