85 years old, Santibala Nath passed away at her residence in Narshingpur Part II, Sonai around 6:30 pm on Friday.
Here are five components of the story:
- Nath’s last rites were completed by Aadpa Mitra volunteers- Nazom, Sohid and Roshid.
- Three of her family members tested positive on 9th July. Her dead body was abandoned by the locals as her house was declared as a containment zone.
- Her dead body remained abandoned till 11th July morning, until Aapda workers- who are trained to handle the burial as per standard operations, got into action.
- Aapda Mitra is National Disaster Management Authority’s (NDMA) project under which, volunteers are trained to deal with rescue and rehabilitation of people during disaster.
- Biprajit Paul Choudhary, field officer, Sonai Revenue Circle, informed that they got to know about the abandoned dead body in the morning and that is when he consulted the Aapda Mitra volunteers.
Independent Press is under threat
We believe that if we owe an explanation to anyone, it’s our readers. We make the powerful accountable to this democracy and remain answerable to only our readers. This becomes possible only with a little contribution from you. Consider making a small donation today and help us remain a free, fair and vibrant democracy watchdog.