Four months later after the last attack on Mosque at sector 11 Dwarka in the heart of India’s capital New Delhi, Hindutva vigilantes allegedly targeted the same Mosque on the night of June 14, 2020, yet again and pelted stones from across the road running parallel to the Mosque. However, there was no casualty reported. Local Muslim residents living in the locality told karvaan India that they informed about the attack to local Police after getting a call from Muezzin.
Here are five components of the story:
- The Mosque is located in sector 11 of Dwarka locality in New Delhi and was previously attacked in February this year.
- The Mosque serves as prayer house for Muslims living in the locality.
- According to a resident, “There is a CCTV installed on the front side of the Mosque but not on the side from where the stones were pelted. We soon informed the Police, which was prompt in reaching the spot and receiving a copy of our complaint.”
- According to the complaint letter drafted in Hindi, “ Imam of the Mosque called up resident around 1:15 am to inform that some people were pelting stones inside the Mosque, when locals went there they saw some broken cement pieces on the floor of the Mosque. however, there was no more physical damage other than that.”
- Karvaan India called both the DCP office Dwarka and Sector 9 Police station to know their side, but there was no response. We will update the story as soon as we have a reaction from them.
Independent Press is under threat
We believe that if we owe an explanation to anyone, it’s our readers. We make the powerful accountable to this democracy and remain answerable to only our readers. This becomes possible only with a little contribution from you. Consider making a small donation today and help us remain a free, fair and vibrant democracy watchdog.