News: A judge of Saket District Court Complex has tested positive for COVID-19, according to a circular issued.
Here are five components of the story:
- Metropolitan Magistrate Mayuri Singh tested positive for the Covid-19 infection on June 9.
- The last date the officer attended court was June 3, states the circular.
- “The court officials and advocates, who attended the court of MM Mayuri Singh on June 3, are advised to isolate/quarantine themselves for 14 days or as per medical advice, and take all necessary precautions as per advisory/guidelines of Government of India,” said the circular.
- The Caretaking Branch of Saket Courts have been directed to immediately carry out sealing and sanitisation of the officer’s courtroom, Ahlmad (court staff) room and her chamber attached therewith.
- The circular was issued on June 10 by District Judge Poonam A Bamba.
Independent Press is under threat
We believe that if we owe an explanation to anyone, it’s our readers. We make the powerful accountable to this democracy and remain answerable to only our readers. This becomes possible only with a little contribution from you. Consider making a small donation today and help us remain a free, fair and vibrant democracy watchdog.