Even in times of hate and several attacks against members of the community, Muslim organizations and some individuals took a different approach to respond. Human Welfare Foundation handed over 500 Personal Protective Equipment to South Delhi District Administration under its vision 2026 programme. The organization claim that it has been working with different communities on humanitarian relief and that its philosophy is to serve all irrespective of religion, caste, gender, creed, and sex.
Here are five components of the story:
- As the Covid19 cases increase in India manifold, and numbers going above 20000, demand for PPE among frontline workers have gone up in the last few days.
- Responding to the increasing need for PPE kits, Human Welfare Foundation mobilized its resources to procure professionally designed PPE.
- The organization on April, 23, donated the kits to South Delhi District Administration under its vision 2026 programme. The kits were received by District Magistrate, South East Delhi, Harleen Kaur.
- Mr Rafiq Ahmad (Gen Sec – HWF) said that in this global fight against Corona, frontline health workers and police officers on duty remain vulnerably exposed to rising COVID-19 infections, guarding containment zones, enforcing the lockdown. Today we have given 500 PPE kits to the South Delhi district administration, and in the coming days we are planning to distribute more PPE kits, sanitizers and masks to the various Govt agencies in India.
- Ershad Ahmed, an active member of UnitedforHumanity, said that we are doing this primarily to help our frontline workers and also give a message to everyone that hatred cannot bow us down. We will continue to work for humanity.
Independent Press is under threat
We believe that if we owe an explanation to anyone, it’s our readers. We make the powerful accountable to this democracy and remain answerable to only our readers. This becomes possible only with a little contribution from you. Consider making a small donation today and help us remain a free, fair and vibrant democracy watchdog.